As of November 2012, I run music webzine A Lonely Ghost Burning.

It's all about short, positive reviews with no genre restrictions. Might be worth a try if you you like your music to feature any or all of the following characteristics;

- Distinctive Vocals

- Palpable Atmosphere

- Believable Emotion

I also write occasionally for the excellent Alternative Magazine Online and keep a far less excellent blog, Cherry Faced Fool.

Friday 1 January 2010

It Starts...

Happy New Year all!

Hopefully 2010 will bring plenty of adventure gaming goodness to us all...and preferably free of charge too ;)

One of my New Year resolutions is to keep this blog updated regularly with new reviews. At least two a month is the aim.

In the time since I last posted here, a similar website has popped up reviewing games made in Adventure Game Studio, The Blue Cup Critic. I have no idea who the Blue Cup Critic is, however the site has five reviews up so far and the content and quality of writing are excellent, so if you haven't already, head over there and check it out.

While I haven't posted anything on my own blog since the start of December, I have been busy reviewing elsewhere, with my review of commercial title 'Daemonica' being published on Mr Bill's Adventureland. If you haven't visited this site before, I would very much recommend you do so. It is a family friendly site run by the very nice Bill and Lela, and has quite a comprehensive list of adventure reviews - even going back as far as the original Zork. There are some freeware reviews over there too, such as 'Night of The Hermit', 'Larry Vales', and they have just reviewed a newly released title, 'Island'.

That's all for now - but expect a review shortly.

Cheers,

JD

No comments:

Post a Comment